Specialty & Cyber
The Specialty Division deals with claims arising from a variety of specialty risks.
The Specialty workflow is handled by a team of in-house experts including surveyors and engineers, lawyers and legal professionals. The wide experience and highly technical knowledge ensure Capanna’s capacity to deliver high quality services, combining proactivity and cost efficiency.
Our Specialty team is particularly active in the following areas of concern:
- Fine Art, Jewellery & Specie
- Construction & Engineering
- Luxury & Classic Cars
- Vehicle (Kasko) Insurance
- Cyber risk -Claims & Prevention Unit
With particular regard to the Fine Art, Jewellery & Specie line of business, representing the largest area of concern for the Specialty Division, particularly involving the branch office of Rome, the following main services are provided:
Risk Analysis and Loss Prevention
- Assessment of attribution and provenance
- Condition surveys for export/transportation purposes
- Packaging supervision
- Handling/transportation supervision
- Security surveys (inherent security, site safety, deterrents, alarm and surveillance systems, environmental risks, emergency response)
Claims Handling and Recoveries
- Investigations on circumstances of loss
- Assessment of loss/damage and diminution in value
- Restoration work supervision
- Liaisons with local/international authorities and The Art Loss Register
- Salvage sales
The Specialty Team is supported by a panel of renowned experts covering all kind of artworks. Liaisons with Italian FAJ&S specialist law firms are also in place.